What’s Really Behind a Carbon Neutrality Pledge?
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Hosted by: The Climate Registry
The path to carbon neutral may be complex, but that isn’t stopping businesses, governments, and organizations from pursuing this ambitious and important goal. This workshop explores the new frontier of making a carbon neutrality pledge: what that really means, establishing common language around carbon neutrality, and hearing from organizations who have committed to, or are working towards, this bold path to zero.
Panel 1: Ask the Experts – What’s Really Behind a Carbon Neutral Target?
- Shawn Fisher Hesse, Director of Engagement, International Living Future Institute
- Sara Law, Head of Global Initiatives, CDP
- Melissa Vernon, Director of Client Engagement, Natural Capital Partners
- Moderated by Michelle Zilinskas, Senior Manager of Registry Services, The Climate Registry
Panel 2: Organizations Leading on the Bold Path to Zero
- Wendell Brase, Associate Chancellor-Sustainability, University of California, Irvine
- Melanie Dickersbach, Environment and Climate Strategy Manager, Exelon Corporation
- Ignacio M. Fernandez, Senior Advisor on Climate Policy, Southern California Edison
- Moderated by Chelsea Hasenauer, MRV Initiatives Manager, The Climate Registry
- Vaishali Sampat, Sustainability Manager, Kilroy Realty Corporation