Recommend A Speaker
The Climate Leadership Conference (CLC) provides sustainability professionals a platform to learn from and engage with thought leaders and decision-makers working to address climate change through policy, innovation and business solutions. The CLC program focuses on confronting climate change through an exchange of cross-sectoral plenary panel discussions and interviews, multi-track breakout sessions, strategy exchange sessions, applied trainings, networking events, and pre/post conference educational workshops.
Please review tips for submitting a successful nomination below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Acknowledging that this is a unique time to make future plans, this year’s conference may look different than usual. We are exploring new platforms and working creatively to present a program that is conducive to in-person as well as online engagement. Our typical sessions include:
- Keynote Speakers: Main stage/full audience presentations, interviews or panel discussion featuring leading experts on the cutting edge of climate impact (e.g., nationally recognized climate scientists, C-suite corporate leadership, heads of organizations, etc.).
- Breakout Panels: Engaging 60-75 minute facilitated discussions that include audience Q&A. These sessions typically address an audience of 100-150 sustainability professionals and may feature 3-4 speakers led by a group moderator.
- Training Sessions: Deep-dive 1.5 – 3-hour sessions designed to help a group of attendees (typically 50-100) develop applicable skills and decision-making abilities for implementing specific climate solutions. Audience participation ensues, often in smaller breakout groups.
- Workshops: Interactive, discussion-based workshops that explore emerging strategies for advancing climate leadership with 25-75 attendees over approximately 1.5 hours
- Strategy Exchange Sessions: Intimate, expert-led conversation starters designed for full group discussions (with 7-15 participants) around niche topics. Nominations should include the topic and discussion lead.
AUDIENCE: The CLC annually attracts more than 400 climate, energy, and sustainability professionals from business, government, academic, and nonprofit sectors. Please see WHO ATTENDS for a sample of past conference delegates.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: The CLC Steering Committee strives to enrich the audience’s experience by keeping content fresh and engaging. We prefer speakers who are recognized subject matter experts and possess strong public speaking skills. Professionals engaged in the climate change, energy, and overall sustainability space who inspire new ideas, facilitate instrumental dialogue, and introduce new opportunities to the 2021 CLC audience are encouraged to submit.
For guidance on conference content in 2021, we encourage submissions that may fit within the following themes:
- Delivering on ambitious goals: target setting, achieving deep cuts, measuring success
- Exploring the pledge for zero emissions/carbon neutrality
- Driving a green, more equitable economic recovery
- Prioritizing climate resilience efforts
- Assessing and disclosing climate risk
- Communicating the climate crisis (lessons from our response to a global pandemic)
- On the horizon: cleantech investment, emerging technologies, climate & energy policies, and/or carbon markets
- Learning from successful public-private partnerships
- Using your platform to influence others: through employee engagement, supply chain, and/or communications with consumers, constituents, and peers
- Smart technologies that are changing the mitigation landscape
- The future of clean transportation
- Adjusting climate strategies for the post-Covid era
Please refer to the 2020 PROGRAM to gain a better understanding of potential CLC content.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION:
The 2021 CLC Speaker Submission Form can be found by CLICKING HERE.
The Speaker Submission link will redirect you to the CLA SmarterSelect page, which the Steering Committee is using to gather 2021 submissions. You will be required to create a login to submit a form. However, once you have started an entry you are able to save your work and return to it at any time until the submissions deadline December 11, 2020.
The Speaker Submission Form will ask you for the following information:
- Nomination type (Speaker, Breakout Panel, Training, Workshop, Strategy Exchange Session)
- Speaker contact information
- Proposed topic or session title
- Proposed topic or session description
- Theme that the topic or session relates to
- Nominator contact information (if nominating someone other than yourself)
Please send any related questions to email@example.com
NOTICE: We appreciate your submissions and value your insight! Due to the high volume of participation, we cannot guarantee a personalized response to each submission. Speakers selected by the 2021 CLC steering committee will be contacted in early 2021 with a formal invitation, followed by further guidance on next steps, deadlines, and speaker instructions.