Nominate a Speaker/Session
The Climate Leadership Conference provides sustainability professionals a platform to learn from and engage with thought leaders and decision-makers working to address climate change through policy, innovation and business solutions. With the race to net zero well underway, this year’s program will focus on how we are getting there. What does implementation look like across industries and sectors? Where are the synergies, what challenges remain? How does regional mitigation and adaptation vary? What can we learn from each other?
If you or your organization is working to answer these questions, we want to hear from you!
Priority review will be given to speaker/session topic nominations submitted by November 17, 2023. Submissions after the deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please review tips for submitting a successful nomination below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Below are sample formats we are hosting 2024 content in – feel free to share another format with us that is conducive to the topic or speaker you are proposing. We are open to your creative ideas too!
- Keynote Speakers: Main stage/full audience presentations, interviews or panel discussion featuring senior leadership on the frontlines of change (e.g., nationally recognized climate experts, C-suite corporate leadership, heads of organizations, etc.).
- Panel Discussions/Breakout Sessions: Carefully curated panels of subject matter experts sharing trends and new approaches for tackling climate challenges. These facilitated discussions typically include audience Q&A.
- Workshops: Interactive strategy sessions designed to equip participants with the tools needed for addressing key climate topics, common pain points, and actionable solutions.
- Lightning Round Interactives: Intimate, expert-led conversation starters, ask an industry expert your topic-specific questions in a small-group setting.
AUDIENCE: The CLC annually attracts hundreds of climate, energy, and sustainability professionals from business, government, academic, and nonprofit sectors around the globe. Please see WHO ATTENDS for a sample of past conference delegates.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: The CLC Steering Committee strives to enrich the audience’s experience by keeping content fresh and engaging. We prefer speakers who are recognized subject matter experts and possess strong public speaking skills. Professionals engaged in the climate change, energy, and overall sustainability space who inspire new ideas, facilitate instrumental dialogue, and introduce new opportunities to the 2024 CLC audience are encouraged to submit.
For guidance on conference content in 2024, we encourage submissions that may fit within the following themes:
- Delivering on ambitious net-zero goals: target setting, achieving deep cuts, and measuring success
- Driving investment towards more equitable, climate resilient communities
- Understanding the climate threat, it’s ripple effect, and prioritizing climate resilience efforts
- Assessing and disclosing climate risk
- On the horizon: cleantech investment, emerging technologies, climate & energy policies, and/or carbon markets
- Accelerating change through public-private partnerships
- Engaging the value chain and expanding reach through employee engagement, supply chain, and/or communications with stakeholders
- The future of clean transportation
- Ensuring a just and equitable transition to net zero
Please refer to the 2023 PROGRAM to gain a better understanding of potential CLC content.
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION:
The 2024 CLC Speaker Submission Form can be found by CLICKING HERE.
The Speaker Submission link will redirect you to the CLA SmarterSelect page, which the Steering Committee is using to gather 2024 submissions. You will be required to create a login to submit a form. However, once you have started an entry you are able to save your work and return to it at any time until the submissions deadline November 17, 2023.
The Speaker Submission Form will ask you for the following information:
- Nomination type (Speaker, Breakout Panel, Workshop, or Interactive Group Discussion)
- Speaker contact information
- Proposed topic or session title
- Proposed topic or session description
- If available, additional proposed co-presenters
- Theme that the topic or session relates to
- Nominator contact information (if nominating someone other than yourself)
Please send any related questions to [email protected]
NOTICE: We appreciate your submissions and value your insight! Due to the high volume of participation, we cannot guarantee a personalized response to each submission. Speakers selected by the 2024 CLC Steering Committee will be contacted in Feb/March with a formal invitation, followed by further guidance on next steps, deadlines, and speaker instructions.