Health and Safety
We look forward to safely welcoming you to the 2021 Climate Leadership Conference in New Orleans, October 13-15, 2021
We will be following all federal and local public health guidance, with additional precautions, and will update this page with more information as it becomes available.
The Royal Sonesta
Our conference venue has implemented a rigorous new health and cleanliness protocol. The Stay Safe program website explains what to expect when staying at the Royal Sonesta.
City of New Orleans
On May 28, The City of New Orleans entered a modified Phase 3 Reopening. As the city continues to meet public health and milestones, the New Orleans Health Department is easing restrictions on certain activities, especially for vaccinated individuals. More information can be found at NOLA Ready.
What can I expect at CLC 2021?
We are excited to be back in person for the 2021 Climate Leadership Conference and will be prioritizing your health and safety through a range of measures to maintain a healthy, hygienic, and enjoyable experience for everyone.
The conference will operate according to prevailing U.S. federal, State of Louisiana, and City of New Orleans government and health authority guidance as well as venue-specific regulations. We may implement additional precautions for conference events. Some possibilities include:
- Requiring masks to be worn over the nose and mouth in conference halls and on shuttle buses where physical distancing cannot be maintained
- Limiting capacity in conference rooms and shuttle buses according to physical distancing guidance
- Daily health questionnaires pushed to registrants’ mobile devices
- Covid testing available on site
- Providing hygiene resources like hand sanitizer in conference spaces
All conference areas will include signage to remind participants of our health and safety protocols. We recognize that all public health guidance is subject to change, and will keep attendees up-to-date on conference safety protocols closer to the event.
We additionally ask that conference attendees certify that they do not fall into any of the following categories before entering the event:
- Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath among others;
- Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
- Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
How will we be informed of changing COVID-19 safety requirements?
This webpage will be updated and all health and wellbeing expectations, protocols, and standards will be communicated to all registrants in advance of the conference. Reminders of safety standards will also be available via the conference app.
Signage and floor markings will be displayed throughout the Royal Sonesta in New Orleans to remind everyone to wear a mask and maintain physical distance where necessary, as well as to alert participants to cleanliness and hygiene expectations.
We will be closely monitoring federal and local public health guidance and will inform conference participants to any changes in our policies.
Will face masks be required?
As of July 6th, we are considering asking everyone to wear a well-fitting face mask while attending conference events. This includes:
- Plenary sessions
- Presentations and workshops
- Networking events
Face masks may also be required on shuttle buses and other public transportation.
Disposable masks will be provided if needed.
We will be closely monitoring federal and local public health guidance and will inform conference participants to any changes in our mask policy.
Can you guarantee my safety at CLC 2021?
While no gathering space can ever be 100% safe, we are taking proper precautions to maximize our ability to connect, learn, and do business safely in person. Through measures such as requiring face masks, enhancing cleaning and disinfection, and distancing and crowd management, CLC and our event production partners will strive to meet the highest standards of health, hygiene, and cleanliness to preserve everyone’s wellbeing.